Welcome to my on-line Journal

On this page you will find links to my other journal entries, a weekly poll to answer, a link to my profile so you can learn more about me, this week's Journal entry, and all my followers. I should have a new Journal entry at least once a week, I hope you enjoy my journal.

March 8, 2010

Relationships, Beauty Salons, and after graduation

Relationships, Beauty Salons, and after graduation

Feb 22nd 2010


Monday

Hello and welcome to the second instalment of The most not so boring journal you will ever begin to read. Today’s topic is stated above and I don’t really feel like repeating it so if you have forgotten already please take a moment and look.

Ok now have you looked and made sure you remember?

Good

In my experience relationships can be risky, at least that’s how I have found them. In my short time dealing with them I have been, let’s say, enormously stupid. Most of mine have been online interactions full of late night MSN conversations, romantic Emails, and empty promises. Only one relationship has ever been with someone living in the same town as me. That was not what you would call a “relationship” so much as two people meeting and, well, doing things for each other. It taught me many things and caused me to discover who I am today.

Quite recently though, I went through a period in my life where I sought after a certain type of relationship that my kind is most recognized for. Yes, I’m talking about one night stands, I thought that if I could get these horned up, sex crazed, egomaniacs to want me then I would have the confidence to go after the good guys. I found out that it was the opposite, if I didn’t have the confidence to go after the good guys I most certainly didn;t have the the confidence to go after the other type of men.

Probably the worst part of this time in my life is that I seemed to have an appetite for older men, I pursued 30-45 year old men and did things for them that I will not say here. Thank god I only ever met one of these men and only chatted with the rest.

The one I did meet was, on the surface, a nice guy. I was only with him for an hour and did not do much before he had to go. I snapped out of this phase after trying and becoming very close to meet a man named Philip. He was 44 and seemed very nice, it wasn’t until a day before we were scheduled to meet that I suddenly clued in why he was being so understanding of my situation(that being that I had no way of getting anywhere). He had a car and kept saying he could drive me out to his place and back nobody would have to know, we would be back in no time. After that I was scared and thought I better not risk it. I texted him, and told him it was off.

That was just about two weeks ago since then I have met someone who seems promising. Yes, I did meet him over the net but he lives in a nearby community and seems very nice.



Have you ever sat down and tried to figure out how many hours you have sat inside a beauty salon? If you are a girl I am sure it is an impossible task but if you are guy them I bet you could have get a ball park.

Last Saturday Feb 20th 2010 I awoke to my mother banging on my door asking if I wanted to go to Brandon with Kayla. Apparently she had called that morning, I told my mom sure and she told me to get up because Kayla was coming with the car. I checked my cell and sure enough there was a text from Kayla asking the question my mom had asked me just seconds before. I texted back “sure” just to be safe and went down stairs.

Now eventually Kayla did come back with the car(her sister Tracy’s car), and picked me up and we went on our way to Brandon. The ride there we talked and caught up on what was new in each other’s lives. Kayla and I don’t see each other very often because she transferred from Elkhorn school to Wowata school this semester because she moved closer to Wowata than here. We planned to get her hair done and then go shopping and maybe visit my brother Paul, his two kids, and Girlfriend Jo. We went around to three different hair places in Brandon and finally got an appointment at one in the mall for twelve.

Now this is where the guesswork I had you do comes in handy. We arrived at the Beauty salon at twelve they started in on Kayla’s hair. I hung out there for a while then went back to the car to take the dog for a walk. (Oh yes we had a dog with us) after that I went back in the mall and walked around for a bit, then I went back to sit down and wait. I looked at magazines, hair books, and the other customers. At one o’clock they were still not done, I don’t remember at what point they were at in the “making Kayla look all perdy “ process but not very far. I went to the bathroom to pass the time and on the way back I window shopped a bit. When I got back it was one thirty, they were still not done. I sat down again and started doing what I do best looking around and noticing how many of the guys were cute or hot. A few of them were but they almost never caught my eye and if they did they usually scowled and looked away. Also the other hair dressers, mostly women, were giving me snotty little looks as if my beinghere and not being a customer was offensive to the rest of the workers and customers. I smiled politely to their faces and subconsciously gave them the finger.

The rest of the time I sat there and stared at the wall, flipping open and closed my dead cell. Finally at three o’clock Kayla came up two me looking much better and prettier then she had before and said “I’m done let’s go” I sighed with relief and got up.

Now you may be asking yourself I just related my boring Saturday tale.

Well because I want know if any other guys have had the same experience as me and if you share my feelings of frustration and boredom, and because I had to get it out to somebody and my journal seemed the perfect person. I hope who ever reads it can sympathise.

The last thing I want to talk about is after graduation, I know I talked about it in my last entry but I feel it needs more attention. Even if it is five months away, I feel like it was just outside the door. I feel as though the time I have left to get things together and wrapped up is slipping away. As if I’m trying to drink from the one of insanely small sinks at school and the water keeps gliding out of my hand. Except it’s not water I’m trying to hold onto it’s time. I cannot be the only one who feels like this, who has this feeling of unreadyness.(yes I made up a word sue me!)

If you are one of these people leave a comment and tell me about it. Also if anybody has any ideas on Topics I could cover please feel free to suggest them.

Now I suppose I should talk for a short bit about my day.

Well today was good, it went fairly fast and I did not feel as lonely and depressed as I have in the past few days, mainly because of my friend Tracy who came home with me after school and hung out for a bit. It was a day of contemplation and thought. I like those days.

Hating life and this town

Andre

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment if you have any suggestions or stories to share!