Welcome to my on-line Journal

On this page you will find links to my other journal entries, a weekly poll to answer, a link to my profile so you can learn more about me, this week's Journal entry, and all my followers. I should have a new Journal entry at least once a week, I hope you enjoy my journal.

March 8, 2010

THE ACADEMY AWARDS and body image in the gay world WTF

THE ACADEMY AWARDS and body image in the gay world WTF


March 7th 2010-March 8th 2010

Sunday-Monday

Hello everyone I’m sure the title doesn’t surprise you because me being gay and it being the night of the academy awards and all. I guess I felt obliged to do an entry on the awards since I am gay and, as you know every gay man is ordered to adore them by the GWL(Gay World Leaders)

For me the awards this year was pretty good. I was surprised at how many times “hurt locker” beat out Avatar, even winning best picture and director. I was so sure, as was everybody else I’m sure, that avatar was going to win. I mean for months now they have been harping and wooing over the dam film. It almost made me not want to watch it, just because of all the good stuff and bad stuff everybody was saying about it. Tonight however has renewed my excitement in the movie and I am going to rent it first thing when it comes out on DVD.

Another movie that caught my interest was “A single man” it is about George a college professor who’se long term life partner dies. It seems like a good movie and makes me happy to see Hollywood is finally portraying gay life not as anonymous sex and drugs but full of committed, loving, and caring relationships. i hope to see it soon.

Ok the last little thing on the academy awards is the hosts, this year it was Steve Martin and Alex Baldwin. I found them very stupid and not funny, at times even offensive. Their jokes were cheesy, and their witty banter was just annoying. In my opinion they were trying way to hard.

Ok my last complaint for this blog is the gay community’s body image, now I am just a small town guy but what I have seen on face book, manhunt, and other social networking sites scares me. now let me explain. What I have seen is a gay community that is obsessed with being skinny hunky and hot. I have had guys turn me down because my weight is posted as “a little extra” or “heavy set”

What right to we have to shun our own for something that can’t control when we ourselves are shunned for the very same thing. It’s so hypocritical and I wish it wasn’t so. I want to be able to walk into a gay bar and not get stared at because I am over 200.

Now I hope you have enjoyed reading and I wish you a great week ahead and hope your last week was full of good things. I tell you please comment or email me at andylamy2004@yahoo.ca if u have any comments , questions or suggestions.



Hating life and this town (A little less)



Andre

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment if you have any suggestions or stories to share!